Fast Track Your Council Approval for a School or Educational Facility
Saving you the time, hassle and stress of doing it yourself
We help educators turn their dreams into a reality by assisting them to get council approval for their school or educational facility. Founded in 1996, we employ ex–local government staff to give your development application the best possible chance. We know town planning law back to front and eat complexity for breakfast.
The dream you have for your school or educational facility is close; only thing is that a school or educational facility (or adjustments to an existing one) will bring scrutiny from council – considerations such as car parking, location, traffic generation, and safety will be closely looked at.
Your first step is to give us a call on 1300 008 138 to establish whether you need council approval or if there is an easier avenue.
Do you need council approval?
When you give us a call, we will listen to your ambitions for your educational facility and will ask you questions to help us better understand the direction you want to head.
As the NSW planning system is complex and can be frustrating, our first step will be to see if there is a way we can fast-track the paperwork through a simplified application process. If a development application is found to be needed, we will provide you with the answers you need to make an informed decision to move forward.
The first step is to engage us to do an initial consultation (known as a preliminary planning assessment). This consultation will provide an expert opinion on whether council approval is needed and, if so, what the best avenue to maximise the chances of success is.
What People Say About Working With Us
So how does the process work?
Our proven 5-step process to achieving council approval for a school or educational facility is designed to enhance your success. Each step is designed to leverage our 40 years’ experience in dealing with council so that you can achieve council approval as quickly as possible.
What council rules do I need to comply with?
Some things to consider
We consult to many educators. Some of the themes we see coming through in terms of local government compliance for a school or educational facility are:
1. Car parking – You have fantastic ideas for a school or educational facility in NSW, but how will your teachers, staff, and students get to you? Will they need to drive? If so, will you have adequate parking? Will you be seen to be placing extra burden on existing infrastructure? How do you know what is adequate? How do you get around the town planning rules?
2. Location – Did you know that schools and educational facilities are only permissible in certain areas or zones? Depending upon the age of the students or type of educational facility other concerns may play a determining role in the location you choose.
3. Traffic generation – Is the proposed site and surrounding roads capable of handling additional traffic generated? How will the hours of operation impact traffic generation and traffic patterns.
4. Safety – Lighting, fencing, building security, and accessibility are a few of the considerations that will need to be made with regard to safety for a school or educational facility.
Every 4.5 days we achieve council approval for our clients.
We know what council is looking for… because we used to be employees of council!
What Experience Do We Have?
Here’s a sample of school or educational facilities we have helped achieve council approval for:
Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t I organise the approval myself?
We fast-track your council approval process, saving you the time hassle and stress of doing it yourself. NSW has the most complicated planning system in Australia. In business, time is money. Get your school or educational facility running the way you want it as quickly as possible. We’ll leave the workout to you; leave the development approval to us.
Can I start trading without local government consent?
What many don’t realise is that when you don’t comply with town planning law, you’re actually breaking the law. We’ve come to the rescue of people faced with a $3,000 per day fine under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act NSW.
As a business owner, you need business certainty before investing in the fit-out and promotion of your school or educational facility. Don’t risk being closed down by council. Call us and engage us to do a preliminary assessment of your proposal.
How much does it cost?
Call our office on 1300008138 for a no-obligation discussion about the desired outcome you would like to achieve for your school or educational facility. Based on what you tell us about your proposal, we would be happy to provide a quote for what we feel your next step is.
Do you also prepare plans?
Yes, if needed. We have a dedicated team of three CAD designers plus additional architects to help turn your school or educational facility dream into a reality.
Want someone local?
Our family-run business is about connecting with clients. Our team live and work in the suburbs and towns you are in. We love ‘local’ as much as you do. It not only makes for better communities, but it also makes for better town planning and better school or educational facilities.
Who Will Be Working On My Project?
Max, the guru and head honcho, is our principal consultant. With over 40 years experience he is regularly featured in the Sydney Morning Herald, ABC Radio, Domain and other media. He is a Registered Planner, Life Fellow of the Planning Institute of Australia and is one of Australia’s most experienced town planners.
How can we achieve council approval so quickly?
We’re the experts! We are at the forefront of our industry, and our time-honoured principles are based on 2500+ projects. Our clients achieve council approval weeks or even months quicker than they would by just using a drafter, doing it alone, or asking the help of their cousin, because:
- We have professional relationships with staff within council.
- Professionally prepared documentation is proven to go quicker through council.
- We used to work within council, so we speak the same language.
We hire experienced ex–council staff that know the council approval inside out. We take the stress out of dealing with council so that you can get back to doing what you love.
Town Planners – NSW’s #1 Town Planning Consultancy
- We employ ex-council town planners
Having worked for council our team speaks the same
language as council staff.
- Five decades of experience
Since the 1970’s our team has been helping people
achieve council approval.
Founded on the shoulders of a father and son team, with old
fashioned values of integrity, respect & perseverance.
- Local knowledge
Our consultants are based in the suburbs of Sydney
and regional NSW, so we can give you local knowledge.
- 2500+ Projects – We get results
We get results with council. After 2500+ projects, that’s why they call us the “Council Approval Experts”.
- No job too small
We specialise on helping the average person on
achieving their dreams for their property or business.
- We make the path smooth
Leave the challenge of dealing with local government to the experts
- We push the boundaries
By challenging the expectations of our industry we
believe we can redefine the value that we offer.
What Are The Chances Of Getting Development Approval?
We understand that knowing the probability of success with council from the beginning is important in making business decisions.
Over the last 2500+ projects, we’ve learned a few things along the way. During the initial consultation, we will give you our opinion of the likelihood of consent so you know upfront whether it is worth you spending any time and effort in seeking consent for your school or educational facility
Questions to ask your consultant…
- Did you once work within council? We speak the same language as council as all of our team once worked within local government.
- How many decades of experience do you have? We are not a new start up as we have been helping people achieve council approval for 40 years.
- What are your values? Our values of integrity, respect and perseverance come from being founded on the shoulders of a father and son team.
- Do you have local knowledge? Don’t be fooled by our 1300 number. We serve the grass roots of the suburbs and towns that make up our great State of NSW.
- Are you a certified planner? Our town planners are all members of the Planning Institute of Australia, and within our team we have Certified Practicing Planners.
- Do you get results? You might have heard that we achieve council approval for someone somewhere in NSW every 4.5 days.
- How many school or educational facility approvals have your team handled? We draw on the experience of the past, having over 1400 projects on our records.
What Others Say
Educator & Investor
‘Being from a non-English speaking background it was particularly important for me to find someone who took the time for me to understand the vision I had for the project.
Through every part of the process Fragar Planning is honest, keen and give good technical knowledge.’