At Council Approval Group we’re excited to be recruiting a Graduate Town Planner to join our wonderful team. We have experienced exceptional growth across 2022 and we believe there is no better place for you to kick-off your career and learn from some of the best planners in the industry.
Who are we?
Council Approval Group is an award-winning team of certified town planners, architects and building industry professionals. Our mission is to be the best in Australia at unlocking property potential so that we positively change the lives of thousands of families and communities.
We’re seeking a keen Graduate Town Planner that is looking to hit the ground running. In this unique role, you’ll bring your Urban Planning knowledge and allow us to train, support and mentor you.
In return, you will enjoy working for an innovative and fast-growing company with over 25 years of history, servicing clients across NSW and Victoria.
Leaving University can be daunting, but with us you’ll be in the best hands possible. You will be mentored, whilst still enjoying hands-on client experience from the start! You will feel incredibly rewarded as you help everyday Australians with their property goals and feel positive about the work you do.
In this role you will:
• Formulate projects from concept and navigate them through the council approval process
• Enjoy working with and learning from experienced Town Planners- together you will act as the lead consultant on a diverse range of projects.
• Help clients understand their options for development
• Conduct Preliminary Planning Research- gain practical experience across NSW and VIC planning law
• Assist in the preparation of Development Applications including drafting Statement of Environmental Effects
• Be self-driven to ask questions, solve problems and display your strong work ethic
• Gain confidence and knowledge as you liaise with other consultants in the project team, and develop the expertise needed for a rewarding career in Urban Planning
This role will offer you:
We make a difference… in the lives of everyday Australians who need help in the council approval process.
We continue to develop our staff and believe in continuous learning… participate in our weekly professional development, recognised by the Planning Institute of Australia, to sharpen your skills and deepen your knowledge of the town planning profession.
Despite working from home, you will enjoy being part of a close knit team… This unique role allows you to work from home yet enjoy daily meetings and interactions with your team of 30+ professionals.
We appreciate and recognise our staff… We have a lot of fun team reward days and annual conferences that we know you’ll love.