Don't Derail Your Project
Your choice of your design team is an important decision as it can make or break your development application. We’ve seen many good-hearted people derail their project by choosing the wrong designer.
There are many ‘blind spots’ and complexities that could derail your approval and extend the time and cost to achieve your goal. Selecting a design team who is not a perfect for you and your project could mean the difference between an approval or refusal from council. The selection of the wrong designer can:
2. Result in multiple design revisions (up to 20) requested by our town planner because the designer has not understood the complexities of council requirements
3. Increase the probability of a council rejection or refusal because of poor plan
4. Approved plans causing construction issues once a builder starts on site
5. Plans not adding monetary or aesthetic value to the property
Having your project effectively handled under one roof, is the only way to make sure that your project does not lose any of the momentum and the quality control that we currently have implemented within your project. This synergy between your town planners and your designers reduces friction, minimises delays and maximises your project’s probability of success.
On Our Team
Added to Clients
With over 25 years of experience and having helped over 12,000 people, we have a highly refined system that can maximise your success when dealing with council. Our 98% success rate with council is mainly based on our clients taking each and all of the following steps:
- Step 1 – Free 30min Consultation. Claim your free 30 minute consultation with one of our council approval consultants. The purpose of this consultation is to better understand your project, what you are trying to achieve, and your timeframe for achieving council approval. Our council approval consultant will ask you a variety of questions to assess whether we can help you move forward on your project or whether we can refer you elsewhere. We’ll then make a recommendation based on what our consultant thinks is the best roadmap for you to achieve your goals.
- Step 2 – Preliminary Planning Assessment (PPA). Engage us to conduct a Preliminary Planning Assessment on your property which includes a detailed Project Strategy with one of our directors and a town planner. Basically, the PPA is the research that will allow us to give you good professional advice.
- Step 3 – Development Application Preparation (DAP). We prepare and submit your development application to council, and we have an astounding 98% success rate. Preparing your application includes us doing the town planning documentation, architectural plan, drawing, and more.
- Step 4 – Architectural Plans for Council (APC)
- Step 5 – Lodgement of Application With Council & Council Concerns Management (CCM) to Council Approval
- Step 6 – Construction Certificate and Construction Management (where desired)
We offer solutions for the following types of projects (and more)… [list out 30 projects]
Yes. Plans are an integral part of the application and council approval process. Your choice of designer will significantly impact your probability of approval and maximise yield.
It is well known in the council approval industry that “undercooked” plans by an underqualified designer are the first thing the council will attack when judging whether your application is even acceptable to lodge. That’s right, even before your application can begin to be assessed, council’s front-counter staff have the option to turn the application away if they find any deficiencies in your plans.
Saving a few dollars on plans by having them drafted by your “cousin’s mate” is a false economy.
After many years of working with hundreds of designers and all councils, we have hand selected our own in-house architect and design team. When you partner with Council Approval Group you are partnering with an award-winning architect, design team, and town planners.
This means you will increase the turnaround time of your council application and skyrocket your probability of getting approval.
Yes. We are a one-stop shop. With 25 years in the business we have personally curated a select group of professionals capable of pulling off all project types. As we work with these experts regularly, we know they are capable of and passionate about achieving the best result every time.
Further, we have a dedicated manager of consultant services who continually strives to reduce costs for our clients and improve service delivery times.
This means you can spend less time managing your project and get back to doing what you love.
To get that success rate it has only come after helping over 12,000 people. We’ve worked hard to smooth out all the kinks before they appear by carrying out this Preliminary Planning Assessment (PPA) on your property. It works a treat, especially for what it can do for you, the journey of the project and its future.
We could make up a fantasied timeframe to wow you, but to be straight up the length of getting an approval is dependent on the project development type, the local council, who examines your application within council, location of the property within the local council and on the property itself, and the list goes on. The approval process will no doubt take longer than you expect because we are dealing with administrative red tape.
But what our team has done has studied the 12,000+ applications we have been involved in and analysed the 300+ flight years of team council approval experience to create a formidable system.
So to answer the question, how long does it take for us to get council approval? The fastest in our industry.
We have over 20 team members lead by our founder Max Fragar with his 50 consecutive years of town planning and council approval knowledge. The team is made up of skilled town planners, property consultants and designers that we have hand picked to work on your project. It turns out that we’ve had over 300 collective years of experience working and dealing with local government councils.
What does this mean for you? One word, streamline. We know how to talk the council lingo, can perceive even predict the ins and outs of those council hoops of fire, and understand the nitty gritty to work tirelessly to achieve the best outcomes for our clients and their projects.
Check out our current team
On Our Team
Added to Clients