‘Preliminary Planning Assessment’ (PPA)
Our preliminary planning assessment is designed to save you time, cost and hassle of going down the wrong path with your project.
A preliminary planning assessment generally answers:
- Based on what I want to achieve, what will be the quickest and easiest path to council approval?
- Are there any exempt or complying ‘loopholes’ that might simplify the process?
- What are the planning laws that apply to the property in the context of your ambition?
- What will be my chances of success?
- What major hurdles should I be aware of and what hoops will I need to jump through to achieve approval?
5 Reasons why you need a PPA…
- To avoid wasting time and money on putting together an application only to find out that the development you want is not permissible or that there is an easier way to achieve your goals for your property.
- More importantly, you may discover that there is a development scenario that is better suited to your needs than the option you had thought of.
- To better understand the town planning laws that apply to the property.
- To explore planning law loopholes.
- To receive preliminary advice on the likelihood of development consent based on our 40+ years of experience.
Prescription without diagnosis is malpractice
Often our clients ask us, ‘How much does it cost to get council approval? or ‘How much will it cost for you to prepare my development application?
The answer is simple: ‘Prescription without diagnosis is malpractice.’
The planning law in NSW has many layers and variables. Each property is different. Each council’s rules are different. At Fragar Planning and Development, we strive for integrity and adherence to professional standards. If we were to haphazardly quote before doing a preliminary planning assessment (i.e., proper professional research), we would be dealing with too many uncertainties (what sort of approval is needed, what documentation would need to be included, or what are the key issues to be addressed to make your application complete under the planning law).
Should the outcome of the preliminary planning assessment be unfavourable, you are not obliged to proceed with our services. This assessment allows us to examine the details and nuances of your proposal against the planning law. Should you be happy with our advice, we can help you with the next steps. We have a very high success rate with getting approval and a strong relationship with council staff.
What are people saying about our Preliminary Planning Assessment?
“Enormous thanks to Max and Fragar Planning & Development (FP&D); with their wealth of experience in the planning process and working with councils, we can now realise our dream of a modest home in a lovely setting. In addition to their professionalism, we couldn’t have been more impressed with FP&D’s attention and genuine understanding of our needs. Thank you so much .We couldn’t have done it without you.”
Don’t Hire Us … if You Want Average
- We employ ex-council staff (we know councils inside out)
- We have been in business for almost 20 years (Est. 1996)
- We are a family based business
- We are Registered Town Planners (Certified Practicing Planners)
- We focus on taking the stress out of dealing with Council
Can you handle my full development application?
Yes. Our rapport with Council and our experience will benefit you. We can handle preliminary assessments, formulation of an application, plans, post-lodgement care, discussion with senior council staff and councillors, through to implementation of the approval.
“We would recommend Fragar Planning & Development to anybody and everyone that needs help in dealing with Council. No matter how big or small the project is, they are willing to help just the average Australian.”
– Josephine & Paul Attard, Horsley Park, NSW