Needing Council Approval for a
Here Are Some of the Issues You’ll Face…
If you’re feeling overwhelmed or drowning in endless paperwork and compliance, you’re not alone. The planning system is complex and can be frustrating for business owners.
Putting together a restaurant application can be extremely hard and tiring and dealing with council can be a nightmare, not to mention the whole process can be very expensive in both time and money. Plus, we’re pretty sure, you have better things to do… That’s where we fit in!
It’s what we do, all day, everyday. With a team of 10+ highly knowledgeable and experienced town planners, property consultants, registered architect and draftsman we’re pretty good at what we do.
1. Car parking – You have fantastic ideas for a restaurant in one the many bustling areas of NSW, but how will your customers get to you? Will they need to drive? If so, will you have adequate parking? Will you be seen to be placing extra burden on existing infrastructure? How do you know what is adequate? How do you get around the town planning rules?
2. Defining your development – Did you know your plan for a restaurant might be best classified as a take away food and drink premises? It really depends on your primary service. Are you a take away with limited seating or a restaurant with a take away service? How you define your proposed development will impact parking requirements, floor plan and other aspects of the proposal.
3. Restaurant with retail – Were you thinking of having a retail component to your restaurant? This is something you will need elaborate upon in the application and show the floor space dedicated to retail on the plans.
4. Seating – Floor plans and seating arrangements need to be carefully planned when submitted to Council. The number of seats typically determines the amount of required parking. Were you thinking of adding an outdoor seating area? That may require additional approvals depending upon the location.
5. Acoustics - What do you do if your restaurant intends to provide live entertainment but council is concerned about noise generation into the surrounding residential community? What if council decides the live enterninment becomes the predominant use as a nightclub rather than the restaurant, and this may be prohibited in the zone?
And Here’s How We Can Help…
We understand that getting to the point of having the right approval for your restaurant is not an easy journey. It’s one that needs the best experience the industry has to offer. That’s why we’re here to help… We’d love to make your council approval journey for a restaurant simple and as pain free as possible.
We’ve worked on hundreds of restaurant projects and have dedicated town planners and designers that specialise in this type of development application.
You can glean from the wisdom we’ve gained from all of our past projects. 25 years of being in the industry and our 50 consecutive years of experience has taught us a few things.
Ready to get started? Book in for your Free 30 minute consultation.
To get that success rate it has only come after helping over 12,000 people. We’ve worked hard to smooth out all the kinks before they appear by carrying out this Preliminary Planning Assessment (PPA) on your property. It works a treat, especially for what it can do for you, the journey of the project and its future.
We could make up a fantasied timeframe to wow you, but to be straight up the length of getting an approval is dependent on the project development type, the local council, who examines your application within council, location of the property within the local council and on the property itself, and the list goes on. The approval process will no doubt take longer than you expect because we are dealing with administrative red tape.
But what our team has done has studied the 12,000+ applications we have been involved in and analysed the 300+ flight years of team council approval experience to create a formidable system.
So to answer the question, how long does it take for us to get council approval? The fastest in our industry.
We have over 20 team members lead by our founder Max Fragar with his 50 consecutive years of town planning and council approval knowledge. The team is made up of skilled town planners, property consultants and designers that we have hand picked to work on your project. It turns out that we’ve had over 300 collective years of experience working and dealing with local government councils.
What does this mean for you? One word, streamline. We know how to talk the council lingo, can perceive even predict the ins and outs of those council hoops of fire, and understand the nitty gritty to work tirelessly to achieve the best outcomes for our clients and their projects.
Check out our current team
Over the last 25 years we’ve been able to perfect our service and systems throughout NSW. And we’re excited to share with you that we’re almost ready to start offering our services to those in other states.
Hold tight, Australia wide coming soon.
Get ready, this could be the best decision you’ll make in the lifetime of your property portfolio.
If you’re looking at a property or already own one and you’re serious about making the property work harder for you, the next step is to book a free 30 minute consultation to speak to one of our property consultants.
In this initial discussion you’ll help us to understand the seriousness of your intent about moving forward with your property plans and to see if we’re the right fit for each other.
On Our Team
Added to Clients